Monday, May 11, 2009

My Darling Husband

Warning: Strong Language

My Darling Husband,

This is a letter to let you know that I am not in fact PMSing.

I am in fact just tired. And here is why.

I am tired of you getting all the perks of a 'stay at home mom', with none of the drudge work. I still have to change shitty nappies, deal with the colic bouts and get up for the night feeds. You do none of it.

You bitch at me at 4 in the morning when the baby needs to be fed, and ask stupid questions like, "what's wrong with him now"? You get sensitive when I get snappy or answer your stupid question with a stupid answer!

I am tired, I am surviving on 5 hours sleep a night. I am stressed because I am running your business for you, earning a quarter of your salary, so that you can play doll during the day. I am unhappy because 'our' son, your boy from a previous marriage, and whom I have mothered for almost 10 years did not even bother to spend more than 30 minutes with me on Mothers Day, despite his dead beat incubator, never being in the picture. I am irritable because I am expected to be perfect. I am angry because you continue to tell people how incredibly tired you are. And mostly, I am about to bash your brains in because you keep telling me that I need to get my hormones checked out.

FUCK YOU, I had a baby a few months ago! What have you done?

8 comments:

  1. Well said!!!!

    These men couldn't walk one day in our shoes and still they have to make nasty comments.

    I agree, Fuck them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! FUCK THEM ALL! They dont have a clue! They are quick to bich and moan or turn and roll over and sleep. Not even asking if they can help and not even acknowledging the fact we ALSO work during the day and we are ALSO fucking tired!

    All these men need to have teh daylight slapped out of them! They just dont get it! You work your ass off to be a chef, mom, employee, business owner, cleaner, mother, housewife the whole toot.

    Screw that - you deserve more! I agree - fuck 'em!

    (SORRY! :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry :(

    Hope he gets his wake up call very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I've been there too .... lucky just before I bought the rat poison he turned over a whole new forrest

    ReplyDelete
  5. just love this post - i agree, if my DH had to ask me one more time, why Q is screaming, what's wrong with him, can i help you? (no, i love strugging by myself), are you ok, etc, then i might just punch him too

    ReplyDelete