Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sex & Babies

I'm posting here, because I have family that read my other blog, but I'd really like your opinions here ladies regardless of whether you have a baby, are preg, or not.


How do you feel about sex and babies? More specifically, how do you feel about sex and babies in the room with you. I really didn't have a problem with the whole concept. In fact, our sex life has been amazing since giving birth, but since baby has become alert and is quite clearly taking everything in, I'm just not sure. I know that he's under 6 months and that there is no possible way that he will consciously remember Mom and Dad on the job, but somehow just knowing that he could be awake and hearing or, God forbid, seeing the act is a buzz kill.


My husband doesn't seem to have a problem, but then we know men are horn dogs. It's clearly time to move the youngen out of our room, but I really need to know if I'm being paranoid here.


All opinions are welcome, I've opened comments to all and sundry.


Thanks ladies.

3 comments:

  1. For me( the last person that should comment, as I have no man or baby/ies in my life!) it would depend on the baby's age. Under a year I would feel comfortable with. When the child is older than a year, I would probably be very uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little one only slept in our room the first month, thereafter graduated to her own room. I prefer it that way as we (baby and I) are both very light sleepers. It does become a bit of a pest to wait until 9pm when it is officially bedtime for her in her own room. Each to his own I guess, if you are comfortable with it, go with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess if you are feeling uncomfortable then you've already got the answer. Whatever makes you feel better is what you should do.

    ReplyDelete